Recent Mood

Fashion fashion fashion. Is there anything else that matters?

zaterdag 8 oktober 2011

Searching for: something to write about...

Hello my dears,

Before this and the last 2 posts I had a really long period I didn't write that much, as you might have noticed. I simply didn't know what to write about. And actually I still don't.
I'd like to write about my dreams but I'm not quite sure what they are. I'd like to write about something interesting but for some weird reason that always turns out to be a horrible post, haha. I'd want to write about something but I seriously don't know what that something has to be.

Writers block much?


Ever since one of my friends at school asked me to see if I wanted to join the online student platform she was helping to create, I've been considering wanting to become an editor. I've actually wanted to write ever since I started this blog. I started it to become this huge online fashion blog who's name everybody would know. It hasn't come to that (yet!). Back then I was still confident I would be able to achieve everything I wanted to achieve just by doing it. Just like the kids in the movies.

I've grown a bit now. I've been searching for online tutorials for writing/becoming an editor, and I'm probably going to take the minor zakelijk schrijven* in my 4th year. I'm also secretly hoping that maybe, just maybe, I can get my internship at a Japanese (fashion) magazine. A girls allowed to dream, right?
But fashion... I always get back to fashion. I've been buying the Dutch Glamour magazine each month shortly after it has been released, and I love reading it, looking at the clothing, make-up and styling. I love the Japanese fashion. It is why I decided to go and study Japanese at the international business and communication school. Lately I've been using my skills and knowledge (which isn't really as much as I would like it to be) to shop for friends and with friends. When I watch a show, any kind of show, the first thing I notice is clothing/fashion/costumes. Always. Fashion.... is that one thing I always go back to. No matter how much I try to go up a different road, I aways encounter fashion one way or an other.
I know now that fashion is the thing I have to keep close to. It is something I've been carrying around ever since I was little (back when I made "clothing" for my Barbie dolls). Fashion is a part of me.

I'm going to keep those parts that are important to me close to me from now on. I'll bet that if I hold on to my piece of Fashion I'll find the job I'll love, and that I'll become a lot happier then if I don't hold on to it.

I wonder if other people have that to, that little piece they have to hold on to, no matter what other people say.....

Yours,

Chibi Ohimesama

(Picture source: Tumblr)
* = Zakelijk schijven means Business writing

1 opmerking:

  1. Sinds ik 3 turven hoog was wilde ik eigenlijk altijd al kok worden en een eigen restaurant hebben. Uiteindelijk heb ik dat niet gedaan, en blij toe. Ik heb één maand in de keuken gewerkt, and I didn't like it at all. Ik ben wel altijd in dat wereldje blijven hangen. Na de Mavo hotelschool gaan doen en daar ook zelfs een bachelor degree behaald. Uiteindelijk ben ik maar een eenvoudige verkoper van kookgerei. Leuk werk, leuke spullen. Maar het betaald weinig. Dat laatste is de enige reden waarom ik nog overweeg om mischien toch eens wat anders te zoeken.

    Als ik jouw tekst zo lees. Dan moet jij gewoon iets met mode blijven doen in een of andere vorm. Dat kan op een redactie zijn van een tijdschrift. Maar ik zie je ook wel als stylist/personal shopper of trendwatcher. Dat je nu Japans studeerd doet daar niets aan af. Het is een communicatie studie. Je ontwikkeld jezelf, doet iets wat ook een passie van je is. Dat helpt ook allemaal mee om je te vormen.

    Daarbij: in een global economy is een referentiekader dat je inzicht geeft in verschillende culturen en culturele verschillen van grote waarde. Ik heb slechts in België en Engeland gewoond en gewerkt, maar zelfs met die landen zijn de culturele verschillen enorm. Dan hebben we het nog over nabije west-europese culturen. Door kennis van een totaal andere cultuur zie je ook de eigenschappen van je eigencultuur beter: je ontwikkeld een 'helicopter-view'.

    BeantwoordenVerwijderen