Recent Mood

Fashion fashion fashion. Is there anything else that matters?

vrijdag 3 mei 2013

Semi-good endings: the NaNo WriMo eddition

Starting things and bringing them to a semi-good and satisfying ending is really difficult. But I'm managing better and better with the knowledge of old age. And with the healing scars of falling flat on my face but managing to stand up and go on again.


With that being said I'd like to announce the following: I finished Camp NaNoWriMo for april 2013! With a goal of 25,000 words and a finish of 25,058 I managed to start something and bring it to a semi-good ending. The story still needs a whole lot of editing and I'm not happy with everything, but I reached the target I made for myself and that makes me proud.



Why do I call it a semi-good ending? I had to write 6,000 words on the last day to get my target. Obviously I managed to do it, but I would have much rather I kept to the 800 something words I needed per day to finish on time. I ended up writing between 1,000 and 2,000 words every day that I did write, however, so I should have managed to write even more, if only I had kept to writing daily. But wining about not doing it the way I wanted to do it after I did it doesn't get my anywhere, and I still managed to cross the finish-line. And that makes me a great deal of happy and proud of myself. Pets on my back are in place!

I think I'm going to miss the amount of writing I've been doing this past month. Maybe I'll pour the lack of words that I need to write to reach my goal into editing my story and/or writing blog posts? I really hope I do. I realized, yet again after I keep realizing and forgetting this fact over and over again, that writing is a way of releasing tension and idea's. When I write, I write without constrains and usually figure out a thing or two about myself. Sort of like therapy without the therapist and the cost!

And even though I've only just finished this NaNo WriMo camp, I'm looking forward to the next one. I hope some of you will join me, as well! Let's write lots of things together! My next NaNo camp project: blog posts!

Geen opmerkingen:

Een reactie posten